I want to start the alcoholism program for my prisoners, but as you can see in the screenshot below it is flashing "NO EQUIPMENT". However, as far as I can tell I have everything I need. I have a psychiatrist, a common room and lots of chairs. What else do I need? (If the image is too small open it in a new tab, the full resolution is 1920x1080).
The feedback for programs that encounter problems isn't very helpful. It can be any number of problems:
- Psychologist can't reach the room (although this should come up as "NO TEACHER")
- The room isn't zoned for use by prisoners, or can't be reached because of other zone restrictions
- Not enough chairs (it may be looking for as many chairs as there are slots, I never tried it without filling the room to program capacity)
- There's not enough "Work" regime to properly fit the program into that portion of the daily schedule
- It's just plain bugging out due to not seeing one or all of the above and needs to reevaluate what you have (opening up the "reschedule" box and manually picking out a timeslot may help)
If it still doesn't work, it may help to review or submit a bug report on the developer's site.
Looking at my save games I think the issue may be with the type of chairs you are using. In my common rooms the alcoholics get nice comfy chairs (labelled in games as Sofa).
As you can see above there are 8 comfy chairs and 8 slots in the programs window (despite the addition of three standard chairs in the room).
When the session runs, the prisoners sit in the comfortable chairs:
Interestingly my experience contradicts that of the wiki articles - it may be worth trying yourself, however.
In my case I just needed a minimum amount of chairs (I think 8, could also be 6, but I haven't tried it). And I used the common chairs, not the "comfortable" ones.