We've been able to get this to work before but now that we've come back after a few months, my brother is no longer able to connect to my minecraft server.
I am not doing a LAN server because my cousins who live elsewhere want to play as well; all of them have been able to connect to my server using my local IP with no problems whatsoever.
Things you should know:
- We use a Windows 7 Wired Desktop Computer as the Host computer.
- We use a Belkin Router.
- My Brother's computer is a Laptop.
I think I've tried everything I found on the internet and it's getting frustrating because it just will not work! I also tried this:
- Port forwarding
- I've given my brother my IPV4 & Local IP address but none of that has worked.
- We've tried using port 25565 and without it host computer a DMZ but that had no luck as well.
- I've disabled firewalls from both ends and that hasn't worked either.
Is there a reason for this?