If I take goods into a station illegally I tend to get scanned and either shot down or fined more than the good are worth.
How do you practically and reliably smuggle goods into a station?
I've seen various bits of advice but they don't appear to be consistent:
- Do I need to be in Silent Running?
- Do I have to go silent as soon as I drop out of FSD, or can I line up the entrance from 8k out and then go silent?
- Should I still request docking rights from the station?
- If not what should I do when I get inside?
- Are there any ships/components that help hide what I'm carrying?
- At what range does scanning occur?
- Am I better off creeping in slowly or is it better to go in quick (probably with Flight Assist off)?