I would like to play StarCraft 2 over an LTE connection but I have two primary concerns:
My LTE data pool is not unlimited. How much data, on average, does StarCraft 2 consume?
My LTE ping is about 90 ms - will this cause me to be perpetually lag in the game?
Has anyone else tried playing StarCraft 2 over LTE? Can anyone say whether it worked for them or not?
Edit: 90 ms was my ping on my iPhone 6+ in an office building (work). When I got home, I ran a few different tests:
- Broadband + Ethernet: 34 ms
- LTE straight to iPhone: 40 ms
- LTE tethered over Wifi: 66 ms
- Broadband over Wifi: 67 ms <- (This is how I normally play)
- LTE tethered over Bluetooth: 99 ms (also dropped packets?)
I tested my ping via this website.