I am somewhat running out of storage space, as I am unsure about what to do with a lot of items (keep, sell, dismantle etc.), so I was looking for a way to permanently store them somewhere. Now there are no chests or houses for your storage like in other games, and looking around people suggest to just find a nice spot and dump stuff there, while others say that is a bad idea. Current hypothesis about how long it stays there include:
- Until the next patch making savegame files incompatible
- A certain (amounts varies) ingame time
- Until you travel far away enough
- Certain mainline quest events
- A certain amount of items are lying around in total throughout the whole world (kinda first dropped vanishes first if a list is full)
- One of the above but depending on the area
So is there any confirmed method of dumping stuff safely somewhere so I could in my lvl 1 time dump something and then come back there and collect it shortly before end game, and it is guaranteed to stay there (minus bugs, obviusly)?
Note that I am on a PS4 so PC mods or console commands are out of the question.