I'm a little confused about what I should or should not retain in the way of relics. Does anyone have a rule of thumb for this?
I'm forced to decide so as to allow me to ascend. This is a bit odd because each world has one relic, so every ascension you can have 4 saved relics and 1 in the junk pile at most. It is not really a pile. I don't know why the interface's box is so large.
To illustrate with my specific case I have (direct transcription sorry for the obvious text and lack of abbreviations):
Ranger Gloves of Diseases Rare Level 23
- -3% Boss Life
- +0.5% Chance of 10x Gold
- +2% Chance of Primal Bosses
Copper Mark of Wrath Common Level 34
- +140% Click Damage
- +249% Gold gained from monsters when idle (no clicks for 60 seconds)
- +3% Chance of double rubies from clickable treasures, when you get a ruby.
Copper Band of Souls Common Level 26
- +3% Chance of Primal Bosses
- +4 seconds to duration of Lucky Strikes
Ranger Gloves of Greed Uncommon Level 35
- +175% Gold Dropped
Rusty Sword of Battery Life Common Level 22
- +17 seconds to duration of Metal Detector
- +2 to starting zone after Ascension
- +50% Gold gained from monsters when idle (no clicks for 60 seconds)
- +1 seconds to duration of Clickstorm
Going on rarity I might get rid of the lowest level common item (#5) or going on level I might get rid of the lowest level item (also #5). However I am and idle style player and I am not sure I want to give up the +50% Gold when idle compared to giving up say (#1) the -3% Boss Life, +0.5% Chance of 10x Gold, +2% Chance of Primal Bosses. I mean I like primal bosses having a better chance, and the 10x gold thing is awesome when it happens to a treasure chest... but really, over all +50% gold might progress faster & further? It's hard for me to say.