Since I can't really into WASD due to some issues with my left hand, and I have some issues gaming with a keyboard and mouse even without that, I was hoping to find something that suited it more for a controller like with the way they did the Xbox port.
It wouldn't be for competitive/online play, so I'm not worried about that very much, I just can't actually survive very well in most cases right now. I have to be twice as powerful as recommended usually just to function in an area without dying every few minutes.
Even if I can just set up the "directional cursor" type thing that they have on the Xbox port say for a toggle for when I'm exploring (and go back to regular for building) and a way to cycle through the hotbar items without hitting the number key I'd be set since I can set up the rest via XPadder.
Edit: To clarify for any user that has not played Terraria on console,
- Front bumper buttons generally move you back and fourth through your immediate inventory.
- Left trigger acts as the grappling hook
- Right trigger acts as the "use" button
- Inventory items can be quick-mapped to the D-pad.
- The cursor has two modes:
- A grid-based mode, where you use the analog to move a mouse cursor around your character, within the range of manipulation.
- A direction mode, where you push the analog stick in a direction. For example, if you push in any direction and mine through dirt, the player will generally proceed to mine a passage of 3-units-width in the given direction.
- Pressing the right analog stick down swaps back and forth between the two modes.