I want to settle down, and my friend says i can get a daughter and stuff, how do I?

PS.Is there jobs? Like, not quests, but actual jobs?

PPS.I dont have acces to any of the DLCs.


1 Answer 1


Long story short:

  • Befriend an NPC of opposite gender (doing some quest for them or such)
  • Wear an Amulet of Mara (go to the temple in Riften if you don't have one)
  • Talk to the NPC
  • Go to Riften Temple to set up wedding
  • Attend wedding


You need the Hearthfire DLC to adopt children.

There aren't any day jobs (unless you count the small misc. tasks like chopping wood). I guess you could do a radiant quest for the companions every day and call yourself a "hunter", but that's about it. I guess any faction that has repeatable quests could qualify as a "job".

More info on marriage: Uesp:Marriage

More info on "jobs": Uesp:Tasks

  • I dont have hearthfire, but thanks for answering my question.
    – user91193
    Jul 26, 2015 at 2:33
  • Get the adopt mod.
    – Jim Jones
    Nov 25, 2015 at 2:34
  • @Jim Jones why not just get hearthfire?
    – user91193
    May 1, 2016 at 0:30
  • @Gamer3001 It's another idea, and also this has been a few months old.
    – Jim Jones
    May 1, 2016 at 3:59