I might have to organize a LAN to introduce CK II to a few friends, and for some of them it will be the first game.
When I have to teach to just one I usually have her pick Dublin.
However this time there might be 2-3 new players, plus 1-2 slightly more experienced players, plus me.
- everyone to start as a single-county Count, and to be a Feudal Christian (also independent, if possible).
- newbies to start in a position where it's not too difficult to form its (unformed) Duchy.
- the players will not be fighting each other.
- I'd avoid poor areas such as Scandinavia (I'm not sure about East Europe).
- Better if they are also somewhat close, so that they can decide to gangbang common enemies (this is not strictly necessary).
If the newbies end up being only two, I could have them both start in Ireland, and the more experienced ones in Wales or Scotland. I'm not terribly convinced, but it might work.
Otherwise there might be some suitable areas in Spain, France, HRE, Greece?
The Duchies of Susa and Ancona aren't formed in 1066 IIRC, but it's not exactly trivial to conquer them, since there are powerful neighbours…
Anyone has got any clever idea about this?