Destiny 2.0 and The Taken King brought many changes to how Light, Armor, Weapons, and other gear affect your Level and combat effectiveness. Some of the most pertinent changes are:
- Level no longer dependent upon Light, and therefore no longer dependent upon Armor.
- Level advancements are through earning XP only.
- Light still affects combat effectiveness (damage dealt/taken) and certain missions or difficulty selections will require or recommend a minimum Light value.
- Light is (approximately) an average of the Attack/Defense values of all your equipped gear (Armor/Weapons/etc.).
- Maxed Year 1 gear ("365" Weapons, fully-upgraded Legendary/Exotic Armor) now have Attack/Defense ratings of 170.
- Level cap raised to 40.
- Year 2 gear can have Attack/Defense well above 170, even down at the Common level.
Given all this, I'm now wondering: What's the new "level 34" or "365"? Under the new mechanics, this boils down to: What's the highest Attack/Defense rating for Year 2 equipment?