I pre-ordered the Steam link/Steam controller through the steam website and just got it on Friday, but I'm having some issues.
I'm loving the Steam controller but my problem lies with the Steam link. I've been trying to stream Gone Home, Binding of Issac: Rebirth, Star Wars Battlefront II, and Skull Girls but all of them will not stream over 30 fps. Gone home doesn't even go past 25 fps. Though Bioshock Infinite, Half life 2, and Tomb Raider (2013) can run above 30 usually 40s to 60s.
I was using the "Display Performance Information" option while streaming and took a screenshot while playing Star Wars Battlefront II. I've attached a picture of the output:
I thought it might be the two ethernet switches that I have in between my main computer and the steam link but I connected both to a gigabit ethernet switch, used only CAT6 cables and got the same results.
Information about my setup:
- Every switch that is in my house is a gigabit ethernet switch.
- I have an Apple Time Capsule wireless AC/Gigabit ethernet router.
- My computers motherboard has a gigabit ethernet jack as well.
- I am running Windows 10 Pro, GTX 780ti OC, AMD FX-6100 Six-Core 3.30 GHz, 16GB RAM.
- I have Hardware Encoding ON, on my main computer, and have Decoding ON, when using the steam link. Having both off gives the same results, and having one on but not the other gives the same results.
- Having changed the settings to Fast, Beautiful, or Balanced does not changed any results.
Is there any settings I have to change on my computer, or anything that I'm lacking? How do I get an output of higher than at least 40 FPS?
This also happens on Laptop, so it is not Steam Link.