What is the real name of the column-like beams in Portal 2 called? They are only (as far as I know) referred to as "beams" (By Wheatley: "I'll turn the beam off."). Here is a screenshot for reference:

Beam-like thing

  • It's also referred to by Wheatley as a funnel: "Cubes, buttons, funnels...it's got it all." – user56 Jun 18 '11 at 8:18
  • 1
    I demand a spoiler alert on the potato. – Anto Jan 23 '12 at 18:48

It's a Tractor beam made of liquid asbestos called an Aperture Science Excursion Funnel

enter image description here

  • 20
    It's an Aperture Science Excursion Funnel. Not using the proper title could get you sued or referred to the Aperture Science Non-Cooperative Testing Program. – Shadur Jun 18 '11 at 10:20
  • It's also referred to as "Tractor beams", That's why Wheathly mentions the word "beam". – Pieter888 Jun 20 '11 at 10:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.