I started up XCOM:EW for the first time in months last night and saw one of my favorite (read: most hated) bugs:
- Mimetic skin dude out in front
- Unalerted Cyberdisc spotted within range with drones
- Mech drops proximity mine right into the middle of the disk-drone group
- Disc or drone moves on its patrol pattern, detonating mine, blowing up scenery, triggering its alert cutscene
- Disc squad deploys but none of its members have taken any damage
So, the question is: will this happen every time? Should I make sure to only drop mines on disc squads after they're alerted? Or are they generally a waste?
In fairness, proximity mines are joy itself when it comes to the EXALT....