This question stems from a discussion I had with some friends.
- Consider a hypothetical multiplayer vanilla Minecraft server.
- The landscape is random, not premade or prepared in any way.
- All players are playing in survival mode.
- No cheats are allowed.
- The players don't necessarily want to play as allies (they could form alliances, but there will be opposing sides).
- We want to let the players be completely free - i.e. not have to respect any particular rule (like "don't break blocks in other people's homes"), unless that rule is enforced by the game mode and the environment.
Is it possible for a faction to set up a home base that simply cannot be breached from the outside by other players (unless someone from the inside grants them access)?