There's numerous kinds of Dark Events in game that can be set upon you. I've seen some seemingly normal and not so impactful events, like Rural Checkpoints or making the cost of recruits a little bit more expensive for the duration of the month, but I'm curious if there's a list of which Dark Events are the most important to counter ASAP as opposed to other Dark Events?
After playing through this game on a Commander/Ironman run and struggling many times to prioritize Dark Events in which some basically ended my runs, I came up with a few events that I found to be more important than others.
Ordered from most lethal to least:
- Chryssalids on every mission
- There's nothing worse when a trooper is caught offguard by an unactivated Chryssalid pod that activates as soon as you end your turn. Having Chryssalids on every mission can be very dangerous as keeping a healthy top tier squad is a priority for most runs as the enemies only get tougher as time goes on.
- Avatar breakthroughs
- When you have many missions to go through, adding progress to the Avatar bar can be a killer; especially if you don't have resistance comms in areas with ADVENT Blacksites
- 100% increase in intel costs for the entire month; Intel takes a while to build up and is used in almost many other things like research, Black Market, Resistance Comms, so keeping your Intel well stocked can be the difference between the loss of an entire run and winning the game.
- Show Of Force
- Adding more enemies means more chances your squad can get hurt
- Rural Checkpoints
- Reduces supplies of next Supply Drop by 50%
- Rapid Response
- Show Of Force, but only on Guerilla Ops missions; same logic, more pods = more chances to maim or kill your squad members
- Anything Else