I am using it for the very first time. I have no idea about the error I am receiving.
I am using wineskin.
Arqade is a question and answer site for passionate videogamers on all platforms. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
This is related to using an old version of Wineskin in the wrapper, one which does not play nicely with the System Integrity Protection (or "rootless") functionality in Yosemite (OS X 10.11). There are two ways to deal with this:
1. Update Wineskin (and your wrappers) to 2.6.1
Wineskin 2.6.1 fixes the issue with rootless mode and really you should just take the time to keep Wineskin up to date anyway. Assuming you have Wineskin Winery installed, you should be able to update your wrappers from there.
2. Disable rootless (not recommended)
Disabling security functionality is generally a bad idea, but it is an alternate way to deal with the problem. If you must, follow these steps (quoted from the linked answer):
- Reboot your Mac into Recovery Mode by restarting your computer and holding down Command+R until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
- Click Utilities > Terminal.
- In the Terminal window, type in
csrutil disableand press Enter.
- Restart your Mac.