My friend can't join my dedicated server and when he tried he got a message says "Server is not responding", do I have to port forwarding my router? I was trying to, but the options I have in mine are this:

Type: Protocol: Remote host: Remote port range: Local host: Local port: Status:

so what should I type?


You should do port forwarding on your router to allow connection to your friend. For that you should enter the following information:

  1. Service Type: BOTH TCP and UDP (Usually Listed as TCP/UDP)
  2. Starting Port: 27015
  3. Ending Port: 27015
  4. local host : The ip address of your server, usually the one of your computer if the server is on your computer.
  5. You do not need to fill in Remote host

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.