I was messing around with pistons today, and I cam across this weird senario whhere they are not working as expected. I took some screenshots, they are Here and are in order.
I have three pistons on top of each other (A, B and C) with A on top. I have a redstone repeater aiming at a wood block that is next to A
.RXA XXXB XXXC
Where X is wood, . is wire and R is a redstone repeater.
- Starting from off, if I turn power on at A, only A goes out.
- If I then turn on power to C, B and C go out.
- If I remove power to C, only C retracts.
- Once I remove power to A, A and B retract.
If I toggle power the other way:
- If I turn power on to C, then C goes out.
- If I turn power on to A, only A goes out, not B.
- If I remove power to C, then C goes in and B goes out. This is madness.
- If I remove power to A then A and B retract.
This is really odd behavior. Can someone explain the logic behind it so I can work around it?