Note: the word map in this question refers to the maps you can create in game from the world, not to the world itself.
On my minecraft server running in creative mode, we just started to create a map-wall of our world in 1:2 scale. This means:
- get a new map
- go to the area of which you need a map
- open the map to initialize it
- use a crafting table to extend the map to factor 1:2
- move around to fill the map
- repeat until you have all maps you need
- place all maps onto frames on a wall to get a large, seamless map of the world
Though I guess you can't avoid to move around to fill a map, steps 3 an 4 are a bit annoying. So, is there any way to speed this up? For instance a command which gives an uninitialized map with 1:2 factor directly?