When I am on the Minecraft app on my computer, no matter what I do, I cannot mine blocks. Can you help me?
Some things to look for:
- Are you using the right tool? http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Breaking#Best_tools shows you what tools you can use. things requiring a shovel or axe are also relatively easy to break through punching.
- Are you in the right game mode? If you're in adventure mode, you cannot normally break blocks. Switch to survival mode using
/gamemode s. This requires your world to have cheats enabled.
- Are you pressing the button correctly? You have to hold down the harvest button until the block breaks, not mash it.
- (If multiplayer) Does the server have block protection enabled? Some servers have protections against breaking or placing blocks in or near the spawn chunk.
- Can your computer handle it? If you have a heavily modded minecraft, or one with a big texture pack, you might experience severe lag that makes it look like you're not breaking the block.
Did your hands move even you cannot mine? Try to make sure you hold down your button 1 (left mouse) until it breaks.
Or, is your hands not moving when holding button 1? Make sure you check your control settings and find the "Attack/Destroy". Beside it must be "Button 1". If not, change it.
Link for the default controls: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Controls PC, PE, Console Edition default controls can be seen here.