I built a portal in the overworld, activated it, did not enter it. Then used another portal to go to the nether, located the place where I would have to build the counterpart to link them, built it, activated it, went through and all is nice and linked. But when I re-entered the portal to go back to the nether, I caught on fire...
Okay I was lazy and made the location somewhat in the middle of a lava lake when I linked them, I thought that might be the issue. Cleared away the lava, left at least 4-blocks of Cobblestone in every direction around the portal, still made no difference - when coming back I catch fire...
- destroying it and making a new one
- making a new one a bit higher
- making a new one alot more higher (+15 blocks in mid-air over the lava lake)
- making a new near the lake not over it
- destroying the one in nether all together and entered the one in overworld, it generated a new one almost exactly where I played around with them in the first place but still the same result
Im playing in those Mojang "Realms" in 1.9.2 and running out of ideas, so close to just use fire resistance potions all the time...
Also tried after re-building it a few times today:
- Covering everything with stone and then cleaning it out again to fight the invisible fire bug, just in case
- Reloading did not help and the same problem happens to the other player in my realm when coming through
Some pretty pictures 😏
And the one on the Nether side, this one is 6 blocks above lava