Reinhardt's main strength is his shielding abilities and the protection he provides for his team, but Are there any abilities that cannot be blocked by Reinhardt's barrier field?
Composed with assistance from this Source:
The Barrier does NOT block the following:
- Melee attacks. Reinhardt and his shield will both take full damage from a single melee attack.
- Sombra's EMP will destroy his shield, and hack everything that was behind it.
- Orisa's halt ability will pass through it, however it will not suck his allies from behind a barrier if it detonates on the other side.
- Some channeled weapons, including: Winston's Tesla Cannon, but Symmetra's Photon Projector beam will be blocked.
- Reinhardt's Fire Strike and Symmetra's Photon Orbs.
- Hanzo's Dragonstrike
- Junkrat's Rip Tire
Fire Strike and Photon Orbs can actually pass through and damage everything in its path, including Reinhardt, his barrier and anyone else behind Reinhardt.
Do also note that Reinhardt's shield does not block ally projectiles. This means you should combo with a Bastion or any other front line assault that will make best use of your shield.
Just to add some of the new champions:
All of Doomfist's abilities will go through the shield other than the shockwave from his E. This is because they all count as "melee" skills. Doomfist's primary fire is still blocked, as usual.
Moira's healing beam (primary fire) will still heal allies behind an enemy shield. Her damage beam (secondary fire) stops at the shield however.
Moira's orb will travel through enemy shields. If you use the damaging orb, it will not deal any damage to enemies until it has passed the shield.