Might be a noob question but as far as I know, it can only be dodged by hidding behind a wall or shield (not even sure about the last one) so I was wondering if there's any way of dodging it, for example, doing the jump with Pharah or the dash with Genji.
Other than breaking line of sight, there is no general way of "dodging" it. There are character specific skills you can use to avoid it.
- Reaper - Wraith Form
- Mei - Ice Block
- Genji Deflect(will generally one shot the mcree or anyone else you're targeting while deflecting btw, damage is based on the time the mcree channels before firing.)
- Reinhardt/Winston/Zarya shields seem to work as well, though I've never done this myself.
Basically anything that can make you immune to projectile damage should work, if timed properly. Otherwise, your only option is to kill him first or break line of sight.
- You can dodge it by getting out of line of sight. When MCree enters High Noon he gets a visible glow around his body. Take cover behind walls or buildings where you know he can't lock-on to you.
- You will see a tumble weed right in front of McCree while he is using Deadeye. This is only a visual effect, but this can perhaps help the enemy in locating you quicker by spotting the tumble weed first.
- Some abilities can completely block his ult, such as Reinhardt's shield, Genji's deflect, Mei's Ice Wall, and D.Va's Defense Matrix
- Teammates can also block your shots for you, provided they have enough HP to tank the damage McCree dishes out
- In High Noon, Mcree locks on to enemies, and it takes a specific amount of time to lock on. The longer you lock on, the more damage it does, up to the max HP the hero has, so at full lock-on, you will instakill the enemy.
- If a teammate who has not been locked on has jumped in front of a teammate as Mcree fires, he can tank up to however much damage the Mcree has dished out to that hero
- Example: Tracer is locked on by Mcree. Since she only has 150 hp Mcree locks on rather quickly. A Zarya, hiding out of sight, jumps in front of the Tracer as Mcree fires. As Zarya has 400 hp (200hp/200shields), she will take 150 damage from the Mcree that was intended for Tracer as well as whatever damage the Mcree also locked on to Zarya.
- Become invulnerable.
- By timing it right, Tracer's Recall is capable of dodging Deadeye from its innate invulnerability frames, although hard to pull off intentionally.
- Zenyatta's Transcendence is also possible of pulling off this, but judging by the nature of this ultimate, it is not recommended to do it intentionally.
- Mei can use Cryo-Freeze.
- Reaper can use his Wraith Form. Bonus for getting out of the heat.
- Get out of sight.
- Mei's Ice Wall, when properly used, will hide the targets.
- Targets behind Reinhardt's Shield and inside Winston's Shield Projector cannot be targeted.
- Zarya's Projected Barrier or Particle Barrier can also "conceal" the target from being targeted by Deadeye.
- If everything fails, just hit the deck!
- Return it to the sender.
- Genji can Deflect the shot back to the enemy team.
- D.Va's Defense Matrix will also remove the shot.
- Neutralize the shooter.
- Although Reinhardt's Charge or Earthshatter can stun him out of McCree's ultimate, judging by the nature of those skills, it is not recommended to use them to neutralize him.
- Roadhog can Chain Hook McCree to stun him out of his ultimate.
- Allied McCree can Flashbang the enemy McCree while Deadeye's active.
- If everything fails, kill him outright!
The only way to survive (not dodge) his Deadeye is to try shooting the McCree. With luck, he might panic and fire his Deadeye prematurely (before it's fully charged). This will only work if he has not already completed his charge. (It's not the ONLY way, it's just a way to not get killed if you are using a hero who doesn't have a defensive special move.)