I did not know that raising a Pokemon's affection above 2 hearts in Pokemon-Amie gave it a exp boost and battle benefits until I noticed that my Marshtomp with 2 hearts grew much quicker than my other Pokemon.The thing is, I don't WANT any of the Affection benefits, because I think they make me too overpowered. Is there any way at all to lower Affection? I've brainstormed some ways, so please tell if they work or not:
- Making the Pokemon faint a lot, or keeping it fainted for a long time
- Storing the Pokemon in a PC
- Never interacting with the Pokemon (What would this include? Not doing anything Amie-related? Not battling with it? Not having it in your party at all?)
- Poking or hitting the Pokemon in Amie
- Getting out Pokepuffs in Amie for the Pokemon, then dropping them
- Trading the Pokemon do a different Trainer, then trading it back
- Putting the Pokemon in Pokemon Bank
- Hacking the game to change Affection values, or uploading the game to a computer and messing around with the code (is that even possible?)
Will any of these methods lower Affection? Does anyone else know another way to lower Affection? Do I just have to restart the game if I want to get rid of the Affection hearts?
Also, assuming I can lower Affection, how do I keep it Affection lowered? I do like to feed my Pokemon Pokepuffs and to let them run around on the Pokemon Amie screen while you walk around, but will this increase Affection?