While poking around on Pokemon Go's Supported devices, it lists some specs required for Android and iOS devices. I'm particularly interested in Android devices, but I do not see a minimum/recommended RAM listed on their site.
- Android 4.4 to Android 6.0.1 (Android N will not supported until the official Android release)
- Preferred resolution of 720x1280 pixels (Not optimized for tablet)
- Strong internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G)
- GPS and Location Services
- Intel CPUs are not supported
My device is a Samsung Galaxy Express Prime, which has a 1.5GB RAM and Quad-Core processor. It runs fine for the most part, but a majority of the features heavily lags and are sluggish while I've seen the same features run smooth on other devices.
What is the minimum/recommended RAM for Pokemon Go to run more smoothly?