I was playing Zenyatta and a Junkrat ult killed a few people inside it. I was wondering what other attacks/abilities/moves in the game can do enough damage to outright kill, or outdamage zenyatta's healing? Assuming it's being used on a character of 200 health (which is the mode health)
Zenyatta's ultimate ability, Transcendence, heals 300 health per second, which is faster than any other individual damage-over-time ability in the game (such as Hanzo's Dragonstrike or Pharah's Barrage). This makes him very strong against certain "wombo combos".
However, Zenyatta's Transcendence does not grant any bonus health to people within the ultimates radius, meaning that if they take enough instantaneous damage, they can still be killed. Junkrat's RIP-Tire, for example, does 600 damage - plenty to take out any non-tank character. D.Va's Self-Destruct also does enough damage to kill anybody. The only person left standing would be the invulnerable Zenyatta.
These are the abilities that will guarantee killing any character being healed by Zenyatta Transcendence:
- D.Va's Self-Destruct
- McCree's Deadeye (full charge)
These are the abilities that will kill lower health characters (Any DPS/support class plus some defense characters):
- Pharah's Barrage (assuming 10 of the 30 rockets per second hit a single target)
- Junkrat's RIP-Tire (can also kill Roadhog and Zarya)
- Widowmaker's fully charged scoped headshot
- Hanzo's fully charged headshot
- Hanzo's scatter arrow
- Reinhardt's pin damage from Charge
- Doomfist's charged punch, if enemy hits a wall
- Tracer's Pulse Bomb
- Bastion's Configuration: Tank
- Doomfist's Meteor Strike
Other ways to kill people while they are in Transcendence:
- Bastion's Configuration: Sentry can do 525 damage per second, which does out-damage Zenyatta's healing. It's a little unreliable though, since it requires perfect accuracy (difficult in a hectic team fight, not to mention his increased spread). Also, he has trouble when people are in front of his desired target - your target will have time to get fully healed again by the time the blocker has stepped out of the way.
- Displacement works well since it can force people out of Zenyatta's Transcendence. Roadhog's Chain Hook, Pharah's Concussive Blast, Lucio's Soundwave, Junkrat's Concussion Mine - anything that separates Zenyatta from his team will leave them vulnerable. Alternatively, use displacement moves to knock the Zenyatta out of bounds - it's the only way to kill him while he's using his ultimate.
- Despite the visible indicator, Zenyatta's ult (and other similar AoE skills) work by line of sight, which means that attacking someone who can't see their allied Zenyatta will deal regular damage and they won't heal. Mei's ice wall works well to separate Zenyatta from his team.
- Ana's grenade prevents healing from any source when it hits an enemy. This makes Ana a fantastic counter to a Zenyatta.
Note that this list does not include "wombo combos", though it is possible to chain ults together - using Zarya's Graviton Surge, Hanzo's Dragonstrike, and Reaper's Death Blossom at the same time might do the trick, for example.
It also does not include damage buffs such as Ana's Nano Boost, Mercy's Caduceus Staff damage boost, or Orb of Discord - all of which can help push a lot of other abilities over the 300 damage threshold to instantly kill someone under the effect of Transcendence.
So with Zen his healing is done per second, so last patch I remember it was 300HP a second recovery.
Junkrat's RIP-tire deals 600 damage
Tracer's Pulse Bomb deals 400 damage
These two I believe are the only ones who can out damage as they are burst damage in a second and it's instant rather than over time like reaper or phara which can be counter healed.