I have minecraft 1.10.2 and so does my friend. We use the team extreme launcher. We tried to create a local multiplayer game by connecting his laptop to mine through a hotspot that I created using mHotspot software. Then I gave access to the launcher and Java platform through windows firewall on both of our laptops. Things I tried
- After opening my game to LAN my friend added a new server to the server list and entered my ip address (the one called IPv4) and tried to connect but we got "the java exception connection timed out no further info thingy" error.
- He tried to use the Direct connect option and entered myIP:portNumber in the box given and still we got the same error.
- We took turns at hosting and it didn't work.
- We used the hosted network enabled through command prompt and did all the steps to share internet connection and data but still nope.
- Restarted minecraft several times and still nope.
Later we just connected to our hostel wifi and the LAN game appeared after an hour. But our wifi is too weak and gets easily disconnected sometimes. What should we do? I am not well versed computer networking so it would be nice if you can give me a step-by-step procedure.