When the game freeze, I can't access the task manager by using crtl alt delete, because the game screen covers the task manager and I can't click on the task manager. The game screen being in lower resolution than my desktop resolution. Is there a way to shut down skyrim without logging out of Windows?
On Windows 10 it is possible to have multiple desktops, and to move the unresponsive Skyrim window to the other desktop so it's no longer blocking access to Task Manager:
- Use Win+Tab to bring up the window switcher.
- Click New Desktop in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Hover over Desktop 1 (at the bottom of the screen) to get the windows back.
- Drag and drop the unresponsive TESV.exe window onto Desktop 2.
- Use Win+Tab to cancel the window switcher.
You can now use Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up Task Manager as normal.