A lot of Pokémon Go players walk around with their app on and phone in their hands, but sometimes I like to walk the dogs; I need to put my phone in my pocket or a bag. Also, I don't want to trip and drop my phone, so I'm not keen to carry it open in my hand.
Besides travel speed, what phone factors affect walking being registered; what can I "get away with" and still register my walking to the app? What is an optimal "passive mode" for those who don't want to show their phone to the world?
- Must I keep Go on-screen at all times?
- What if my phone goes into sleep mode?
- Can I turn it sideways if I have auto-rotate on?
- Can I go into another app (for example, to write this question via the StackExchange app) and leave Go in the background?
- Will walking register if Go is in the background?
- I don't want to hold the phone out; can't I just put in a pocket? What if the phone turns sideways and the screen goes black?