I bluetooth paired my ps4 controller to my ps4 just fine. Then i deleted the bluetooth controller account (ps4 controller)off of my ps3. Now no matter what I do my controller won't work for the ps4. I click the home button and it blinks once then turns off. Someone please help me before I loose it.
I think that pushing the reset button on the controller might help you.
From this answer:
If your controller won't pair, won't respond, or is displaying a flashing light, please follow the instructions on how to reset the controller:
- Turn off the PlayStation 4.
- Locate the small reset button on the back of the DualShock 4 near the L2 shoulder button.
- Use a small, unfolded paper-clip or something similar to push the button (the button is inside a tiny hole).
- Hold the button down for a couple of seconds and release.
- After resetting the controller, re-pair the controller with the PS4 by connecting the USB cable to the controller and the system, and turn the PS4 on.
- Press the PS button to log in to the PS4
It is fundamentally important that you press the PS button on the controller in question while the PS4 is powering up, and the blue light is blinking - do not wait until the system prompts you to press the PS button, it's too late.
- Turn off console.
- Connect controller with micro-USB cable.
- Turn on console manually (button on front left of PS4), and when the button lights up blue press the PS button on the controller.
In my recent experience the system took a couple of extra seconds to recognize the controller, but then it worked. I too tried all of the above troubleshooting techniques and none of them worked until I got the all-important timing correct. You'd think Sony would take care to mention this little detail.