In the tutorial, they said "hold L1 to dodge attacks" (I am using control-layout B). They make it sound like you're basically invincible while holding the button. However in actual battles I've noticed that while holding L1, I still get hit a lot. Why?
- Does holding the button stop dodging after a certain amount of time?
- Do I need to press the button within a certain amount of time prior to the attack?
- Do I need to be facing and/or locked-onto the enemy?
- Are some attacks just not dodgeable? (is there any way to tell?)
- Can I not dodge for a certain amount of time after attacking?
- Is there any way to tell if my dodge is 'active'? (in the HUD, or my character's posture, etc)
- Is there a cooldown between dodges?