I have collected a number of higher damage weapons which all seem to be based on Light damage, such as the Durandal, but I've also found that most animals are resistant to this damage type.
Here is a Voretooth, as an example. I've put in some example weapons too for each scenario from my collection of weapons.
As I see it, I have four options in this scenario.
- Downgrade my weapon, to use a weapon which is the correct type, but not element.
- Eg, Drain Lance III (195)
- Use the right type of weapon, but the wrong element
- Eg, Radiant Lance (205) Light
- Right weapon and element
- Eg, I don't have a Fire Lance :(
- The right element, but wrong type (least likely)
- Flame Tongue Sword (117) Fire
A more challenging example might be a Marshmallow.
My question is, will using a higher damage weapon type, of the wrong element (Case 2) yeild higher DPS, than using a lower damage weapon of the correct type and element (Case 1 or 3)?