The AI in Tales of Berseria seems to use Mystic Artes (MA) with some regularity but not nearly as often as they should be able to. They often seem to hold on to 4+ Blast Gauge with a full Soul Gauge (SG) without actually launching a finisher.
I've played around with their Strategy options and setting the final two options to "Mystic Arte" and "When attacking" seems to work, for the most part, but I was hoping that there was a way to get them to spam MAs often, especially since I've seen some players mention how they actually disabled MAs for the AI because they were spamming them too quickly. So with that in mind:
- What is the most efficient Strategy set-up to force Mystic Artes?
- Do different characters require different set-ups?
- Does the AI actually need to hit the 4-arte or 8-arte combo requirement?
- Is the issue that they're reluctant to drop below 3 SG while Break Souls are required to reach higher combo chains?
- Will disabling the Level 1 MA cause them to use their higher level MAs? Or do they use Level 2s at the same rate regardless and am I just missing out on their Level 1s?