I managed to archaeologically dig out a game that I really enjoyed when I was younger, Laser Kombat. The problem is that it runs at literally half FPS and thus it is nigh unplayable. Are there any suggestions as to how I can make it work on my machine?
Section from the game's readme.txt:
Laser Kombat requires Windows 95, 98, NT, or 2000, with DirectX 2.0 or later. You must have graphics capabilities to display 800*600 pixels in high-color (16 bit) mode.
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.30GHz
- RAM: 4.00GB
- System: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
Things I tried:
- Running in compatibility mode for 95, 98, XP, Vista, 8
- Running as an administrator for all the compatibilities above
- DOSBox does not work for this game.
This game worked fine on a Windows XP (SP 3) desktop I used to have.