So, a few years ago I bought this leopard from an elven caravan, hoping that I could train it as a war animal and post it to guard the entrance to my fort. I saw later on the wiki that leopards are only trainable by the Dungeon Master, so that's not going to happen. So, what can I do with it? Let it wander around being awesome? Make some delicious leopard steaks?
Aside from breeding it for food (which would require you to acquire another animal of the opposite gender, obviously) and outright butchering like any other animal, and assuming without modding anything, your options are limited to:
- Animal guards, mostly for thief detection. Chain it up near an entrance or main walkway.
- Bait for ambushes, chaining it up somewhere near the map edge and in safe distance from your main (closed off) entrance.
- Animal watchtower, since they don't need pasture space.
- Pets, if you have any dwarves who love leopards. Might not be the best idea if you have any who hate leopards. Same goes for using it as part of a zoo.
- Cave exploration, dropping it down the caves without any way to come back to the main living area. Use small meeting space designations to guide it around. Being a leopard, it might even get rid of some undesirables down there.