So I recently earned Daruk's protection, and am excited to use it, but I'm a little confused about exactly what it does, and how often I can use it.
The explanation I got when it was granted basically told me two things, and one more is obvious:
- It protects you from damage
- It is activated by holding down LT
- It has 3 charges
But I'm not clear on a how it actually works, and what "uses up a charge". Specifically:
- What are the types of damage it can protect from? (Are any excluded, like falling, fire, etc?)
- What are the limitations on using it? (Can I hold LT... forever? and why wouldn't I? Can I swing a weapon while using it? does it work on a horse? Does it shut off after some amount of damage is absorbed?)
- What actually "uses up" a charge, and how does recharging work? (I'm pretty sure I tested it right after I got it quickly, but it didn't deplete a charge. Is that because I didn't take any damage? Does it only recharge after all 3 are used, or does each one recharge? How long does it take?)
Note: I thought about whether these should really be multiple questions, but I think the real question is "What are the core mechanics of how Daruk's protection is used?," and I'm fairly sure the answers to that will be more useful than breaking it up.