When I reached Bane, I did all the sidequests, reached level 50, had decent equipment, had two conquered towns, all allies and a decent mount...
...and I failed miserably 3 times trying to kill him.
So, logically, in order to prevent Bane from conquering the world and crushing it under heel of tyranny, I trained my Griffon mount to level 32+ (and later raised it to 41), conquered the whole world and crushed it under heel of my tyranny by skipping all tedious unnecessary random encouters and collecting monthly tribute.
I did the last part for 5 hours. I trained my Morale from less than 10 to 48, equipped the most game-breaking gear I could find, conceived the most game-breaking strategy I could think of.
I have cheesed the hell out of the game, optimised everything I could think of, grinded it in a way shouldn't be possible started Bane fight and...
...lost yet again 3 times in a row.
Bane doesn't have any weakpoints, and no strategy that could work earlier in the game works with him:
- you can't rush him, because he has the most HP in the game,
- you can't ignore skulls to build up mana reserve, because he hits like a truck from the get-go so you have to deny all skulls matches,
- you can't beat him down with spell wombo-combo, because he has 16% of every colour resistance and that keeps raising further during the fight,
- you can't ignore spells and wear him down with just skulls matches, because you deal at most ~10 damage from skulls and he can randomly heal that every turn and also heals from Morale buffs,
- he can rearrange the board and buff himself as a free action for no cost at all - so strategy of starving him of mana don't work either,
- since he has all his skills buffed into the stratosphere, he gets A LOT of extra moves.
He's just a big brick wall of pain.
How do I beat him? Is it actually possible or did just everyone singing praises about Puzzle Quest abandon the game before finishing it?