When I was trying to complete the Speedstar quests, I plugged in all of my movement speed plug-in chips to help my chances of winning. However, I got the notification once I plugged a few in that the cap is +20% for movement speed. Are there other caps for the plug-in chips and if so, what are they?
All stackable plug-in chips have hard caps. You won't know these caps until you hit them, but the game will tell you what they are.
I found this Steam thread that has all of these caps listed.
Here are the cap values:
- Weapon Attack Up : +100%
- Critical Up :+30%
- Shock Wave :"very powerful"
- Offensive Heal : 100% of damage dealt as HP
- Ranged Attack Up : +100%
- Last Stand : +100% damage if HP is 25% or less
- Counter : send back 250% damage
- Charge Attack : +400%
- Melee Defense : 80%
- Ranged Defense : 80%
- Anti Chain Damage : 6 seconds
- Resilience : avoid stagger if above 5% hp
- Max HP Up : +100%
- Deadly Heal : recover 100% hp on kill
- Auto-Heal : 18%hp/sec after 4sec
- Damage Absorb : 50% chance to restore 200% of damage taken
- Reset : 50% chance of reviving with 80% hp
- Fast Cooldown : 50% cooldown reduction
- Evade Range Up : +200%
- Moving Speed Up : +20%
- Drop Rate Up : +90%
- EXP Gain Up : +100% exp
- Vengeance : 50% chance that 200% of damage taken is dealt back
- Overclock : slow time for 5.5sec after a perfect evade
- Taunt Up : +500% damage dealt and taken
- Hijack Boost : +9 level for controlled enemies
- Stun 25m blast : + 5 seconds stun on a succesful hack
- Combust : fire for 7 seconds
- Heal Drops Up : 100% chance to get healing items upon hacking
I may be wrong, but based on a few of the fully listed plug-in chip upgrades I'm seeing on the wiki, it seems like these caps are equivalent to the bonus you would receive from a plug-in chip that has been upgraded to +8.
So far the only 2 caps I know are for:
Drop rate which is at 90%, aka 1 level 8 chip but it's most efficient to use 1 level 4 and 1 level 3 chip
and the EXP gain cap is at 450% witch is 4.5 times the lvl 8 chip.
I found these on the wiki: https://nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Plug-in+Chips
I'll do some more research once I'm able to make strong chips.