When i try to launch Geometry Dash, the following things happen:
- 'Running' appears next to the game in my library.
- A 'Preparing to Launch' window appears for a short while.
- My profile picture turns green.
It stays like this for a while, maybe about 4 seconds, then the 'Running' message disappears and my profile picture returns to blue. There is never any error message or window.
I have tried everything that every forum says to do including:
- reinstalling the game
- verifying game files
- running from program files
- resinstalling visual c++
- reinstalling steam completly.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
- OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
- Version: 10.0.14393 Build 14393
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4
- Logical Processor(s)
- RAM: 8Gb
- Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Update: I used event viewer and located the prolbem to be in libcocos2d.dll
Faulting application name: GeometryDash.exe
Faulting module name: libcocos2d.dll, version: 0.0.0.0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000e8045
Faulting process id: 0x2268
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Geometry Dash\GeometryDash.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Geometry Dash\libcocos2d.dll
Update #2: Compatibility mode
I tried running it in every compatibility mode. It would never run if i tried the .exe in steam apps, but if i tried running it through the steam client, windows 95 and windows 98/me worked. however the audio quality in that the lower range of frequency were reduced to broken static.
Update #3: Solved
I have solved the problem and posted the solution as an answer