I run a very small SMP server running Forge 1.12 hosted through MCProHosting. I have a very few mods installed: StorageDrawers, WAILA and JEI.
I built the mob farm in this video.
The spawn rates are REALLY low, only a couple mobs in over 10 minutes. I've done a lot of research but can't find any useful information. I'm looking for advice on how to make this thing work. I've read that for various reasons, mob farms are just much worse on SMP. Here's some useful information:
- I wait for spawns between 24 and 128 blocks from the spawning areas.
- I turned the server's render distance to 10. Helped a LITTLE bit.
- I used the fill command to ensure NO unlit caves are within a 128 block radius
- The server is on the Hard difficulty
- The spawn rate is very low even when I'm alone on the server.
Any help is appreciated.
I downloaded the world and tested the trap in single player. To my surprise, it didn't work!! That's kind of good news. That means maybe it's possible to have this work on the server once I figure out what's wrong with it.