I've noticed this behavior when playing either Just Cause 3 or The Crew. My FPS is usually from 40+ to 60. But from time to time, it drops to ~20 FPS. Then usually after a minute, it goes back to my normal FPS. These are my Specs:
- Windows 10 Fall Creators update (Build 16299.125), 64-bit
- Lenovo Y50-70 notebook, 15-inch FHD IPS screen
- Intel i7-4720HQ
- NVIDIA GTX 960M, Driver 388.71 (release date: 12/20/2017)
- 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 RAM @ 799MHz
- 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB (SATA)
Things I've already done:
- Windowed mode
- Disabled "Override high DPI scaling behavior"
- Enabled "Disable fullscreen optimizations"
- Disabled everything relating to the Game Bar/DVR.
- Windows Defender's Periodic Scanning is off.
- Kaspersky Free Antivirus's idle scan and rootkit scan are disabled.
- I have only Kaspersky Free Antivirus as my security program.
- This gets triggered mostly during intense action sequence or speedy animations.
- But sometimes this happens abruptly.
- What's consistent is it always goes back to the my usual FPS, albeit the duration of the drop varies.
- This doesn't happen before. Although I can't remember when this started happening. The first time I completed Just Cause 3, this never happened.
What else can I try?
On top of my head is try using DDU and then reinstall the latest graphics driver. Using DDU and reinstalling the latest drivers didn't resolve the issue. Thank you very much.