Monster Hunter World has a bigger focus on multiplayer when compared to previous titles in the series.
Every quest can be completed in either singleplayer or multiplayer and to add to all of this you can use S.O.S signals to ask for help from other players during a quest (meaning players can join a quest in progress).
My question here: How does the monster health scale? Here are some of my thoughts of how it might work
- There is no scaling. Monsters have a fixed amount of HP that doesn't change depending on the players (essentially playing with 4 people makes the hunt quicker purely from a HP perspective)
- Monsters have scaling health. Going in with 4 players will cause the monsters to have more HP when compared to going in alone. (Same for 2 or 3 players).
- Something completely different.
If there is some scaling in place how does it affect the S.O.S flare?
- The health scaling is triggered as soon as the S.O.S flare is used regardless of whether a player joins or not.
- The health scaling starts it's effect the moment a player joins the quest.
- There is no health scaling for S.O.S flares
- Again something completely different.