Whenever I try to join a server, it says:
"Internal Exception: java.lang.Error: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: AES Keygenerator not available".
I am running Minecraft version 1.12.2 on Windows 7 (although it didn't work on the previous computer, which ran Windows 10), I have moved to another country since buying the account (North America to Korea). I have actually tried this on TWO accounts, both of which was bought in America and had no problem with servers. (One of them was able to play servers in Korea, then stopped working. The other one never worked).
- The account(s) is and always was an un-modded, legally bought Vanilla account. There were no changes made. Not even a map was downloaded.
- I changed computers since it stopped working, but it won't work on both. I believe it sometimes works, but haven't seen it working for months.
- I looked this up and was recommended that I download a new version of java, (latest version and the American version as well) which I did more than I can count, but to no avail.
- I have deleted and re-installed Minecraft several times since servers stopped working, but nothing changes.
- Tried running different Minecraft versions (1.12.2, 1.12.1, 1.12.0). Didn't change anything.
I tried running the Minecraft game output, when I was joining servers it didn't say anything but as soon as I started Minecraft it yielded these errors: (screenshot included below)
07:08:02 game ScriptEngineManager providers.hasNext(): javax.script.ScriptEngineFactory: Error reading configuration file <log4j:Event logger="bib" timestamp="1516280882947" level="INFO" thread="Client thread"> <log4j:Message><![CDATA[Setting user: My username here]]></log4j:Message> </log4j:Event> 07:08:02 monitor expected < 22:08:04 ni Errors with built-in recipes! 22:08:04 bid Skipping bad option: lastServer:
This has been going on for months.
I cannot find an answer ANYWHERE ELSE.
I tried asking about it on bugs.mojang.com, and their reply was:
"Your Java environment is probably not configured correctly."
Then they linked me up to the community support pages, which I already tried and had no progress with. Then they marked the problem as RESOLVED. It is NOT resolved.
Their "duplicate", marked as "Won't solve": https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-38608
I saw a similar post somewhere else, where the only answer was to correct the Java configuration. How do I "set the configuration correctly"??
EDIT (2018-03-21): PROBLEM IS SOLVED!! I used an alternate launcher and it worked!! https://minecraft.net/en-us/download/alternative I used the old launcher, which was the launcher I was using previously, now that I think of it. This just shows how bad Mojang is at actually responding and taking care of the users' problems.. If I followed Mojang's recommendations, I would have tried to "configure my Java correctly", when it was the launcher's problem..