Is it possible to turn a Minecraft single player map into multi-player server?
- I want to create a new Minecraft Server using Bukkit.
- I have an old world that I want to be part of the new world. So I edited the old one with MCEdit, i.e. surrounding it with Bedrock and creating new chunks far from that old world and moving the spawn point there.
- Copy existing "world" to new Server: Is it correct to copy a "world"-folder and only deleting the "players"-folder in it? Or do I have to adapt more than that to have a properly functioning world afterwards?
- Random Seed: In the resulting world, I do not want to have any limitations of world generation because I flicked something together there. In MCEdit I can change the RandomSeed number. Is it of any importance that this number is the same like the one in the "server.properties"-file of the new Server will be? (In MCEdit I create the "start" of the new world, far away of the old. This will only be one to a few chunks.) When leaving RandomSeed in server.properties blank, it will use different Seeds every time, right? Than it would be no problem I guess.
- World generation: Because I take the old world, generated with an older Minecraft version, as a starting point, will this limit the world generation in newer Mincraft versions? Does the world folder somehow contain generation parameters apart from the RandomSeed so even with a newer Minecraft version the world is still generated like it would be in the old version?