Early in the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC, at the end of the car chase on Ilium, there is a cutscene where you ram the car of the Asari you are chasing.
During this cutscene, the game freezes, screen goes black and stays that way (though the music continues briefly).
I have tried all the solutions given online for ME2 crashes:
- Steam's "verify game files" feature (to fix corrupt files)
- Change Audio device settings to 16bit 44khz
- Run game Borderless Windowed (instead of fullscreen)
- Run game in Windows 7 compatibility mode
- Add the command line argument -nomoviestartup
- Re-running the installer exe for the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC
Any other ideas?
(I wrote this issue into pc gaming wiki too : https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_2#Crash_during_vehicle_chase_on_Illium so no point suggesting I try there...)
(i5-2500, R9 280x, 8GB RAM, 5.1ch sound, tried both 1920x1080 and 800x600, graphical settings maxed out and 'minned out').