Is there a way to cancel a Steam cloud sync upload and start a game before it finishes syncing? I don't want to permanently disable cloud sync.
- Play a Steam game.
- Exit the game.
- Decide to resume the game a few minutes later.
- Steam cloud sync is still uploading my save file.
- Steam refuses to start the game before the save has finished uploading.
- I wish to play the game.
- I am sad and angry.
- Disabling cloud sync for the game. This didn't seem to stop an in-progress upload.
- Exiting Steam. There's a message displayed about the cloud sync, but the "exit anyway" button is disabled.
Context: I'm playing Factorio (notoriously large savefiles) in a connection with slow upload. It takes a good fraction of an hour to finish a sync.