I understand there is a bug.
I can't really describe the bug other than by saying that friendship levels aren't increasing as originally explained by Niantic.
But, given that bug, how are friendship levels actually affected by gift-giving/receiving?
I'm looking for a full description of how the buggy implementation works. That should include things like:
- What causes actual increases?
- Is this just a display-bug?
- To the extent that this is just a display-bug, what causes the display of one or both friends' levels to not reflect the actual increase?
- What causes an expected increase to not happen?
- What happens if you and a friend both send each other gifts on a day and both open them on that same day? Does the order matter?