What are the different options to improve weapon accuracy. And is it in all the cases capped at 95%?
Your VATS accuracy with ranged weapons depends on:
- Your character's Perception stat (which means it is improved indirectly by anything which raises Perception)
- Weapon accuracy stat
- Weapon range stat (higher means less accuracy loss at larger distances)
- Any equipment which explicitly gives a bonus to VATS accuracy. You can sometimes find such items as random drops from rare enemies with a ★ behind their name.
- Any perks which give you an explicit bonus to VATS accuracy in certain situations:
- Awareness 2 (5% accuracy)
- Sniper 3 (25% accuracy for headshots with a non-automatic scoped rifle)
- Penetrator 2 (no accuracy penalty for cover)
- Concentrated Fire 1-3 (+10%/+15%/+20% accuracy for repeated shots)
- Attack Dog 1 (accuracy bonus while your dog is holding the enemy)
- Killshot (20% accuracy bonus for headshots) - this is a bonus perk obtained by maxing the relationship score with the companion character MacCready.
The 95% cap is a lie. Even though the UI never shows more than 95% accuracy, you can gain enough VATS accuracy that you never miss a shot.