Whenever i play some games in my laptop, I am unable to change the resolution of the game. It's fixed to 1920 x 1080. I tried to change it manually by editing the game config file but it doesn't work. There are no other resolution options in the game. How can i lower my game resolution? My laptop is Asus Vivobook R542U. It has both integrated and dedicated graphics card.
closed as unclear what you're asking by Frank, Gigazelle, Schism, Pyritie, angussidney Jul 28 '18 at 7:26
Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
To increase your screen resolution:
Your laptop screen resolution at maximum is 1920 x 1080. You cannot increase this resolution because that is the limitation of the physical screen. You might be able to increase your resolution by buying a higher resolution secondary monitor, but it will put a strain on your laptop
To decrease your screen resolution:
- Make sure the game you want to play supports that resolution.
- Open the game and go to video options and change the resolution of the game to a lower one (if the option is there of course). If the option isn't there to lower it further than 1080, then the game doesn't support a lower resolution.
If that doesn't work or there is no option to change the resolution:
- Go into display settings in settings on your computer
- Look for the resolution drop down and pick a lower resolution there
- Load up the game and it should be playing at the lower resolution