I didn't notice this happening on my starter ship, but I noticed it immediately upon buying my first new ship (C-class Shuttle):
Whenever I fire my weapons (stock Photon Cannon), after a few shots my ship will take a surprising amount of damage to shields and / or hull, about 30% shield and 1-2 hull points.
- It doesn't happen on every single "pew", only after several shots, and the shots can even be spread apart over several seconds
- It's not just when the gun overheats
- there doesn't seem to be a pattern
- Happens when I'm shooting enemies, asteroids, terrain, or animals (don't judge me)
- Does not happen when I shoot at nothing (off into space), even for extended periods of time
Is this a bug? Nuance of my ship? I can confirm my party member had same thing happening in his B class Shuttle, is it specific to shuttles?
This makes any combat encounter a nightmare, so I'd think that if it was a game mechanic I just hadn't heard about, others would be complaining about it too. But, I cant find anything in forum posts about it, on my ship mods, or in the game's Help section. Playing on XB1 just FTR, hoping it's not a console bug though.